Dendroboard banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
579 Posts
Very nice! Im headinge very there in nov. I might just snap some pics of my quepis vivs and get you to help me reconfigure setup as to how you saw firsthand in quepos....theyre very stubborn to house:mad:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Overall nice pics of the wildlife. Im excited to see the Costa Rican forest one day .:D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should definitely check out "Rainmaker"
Rainmaker Costa Rica - Home
You will easily be able to spot a bunch of auratus and if your lucky, even a few granuliferus...not to mention countless other toads, tree-frogs, sloths, insects, snakes, birds, waterfalls, bromeliads, ferns, ect, ect. This place really made the trip for me. If you are not seasoned in trekking through the jungle, this is a perfect spot. Large and un-touched enough that you can lose yourself in it's natural beauty, yet set-up so you really can't get lost. I do recommend renting a vehicle as the cab-driver who dropped me off, despite saying he would, never came back for me due to it's remoteness. If it weren't for a honeymooning couple nice enough to stop and give a stranger a ride on their way out...it would have been a very long night for me.

Manuel Antonio park is an awesome place to spend the day relaxing on some pristine beaches. I recommend taking one of their guided tours as they will be able to spot a ton of wildlife for you that may have gone unnoticed on your own. You will not find any dart frogs here, but it is still a beautiful area and the beaches you find yourself on at the end of the hike are not to be forgotten anytime soon.

Thanks for bumping this thread...now I have to figure out how to get back!:eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks a bunch! We plan on renting a SUV and drive there from San Jose. I really like driving so I can see the countryside too.
Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks again for the recommendation to go to rainmaker. It was my favorite spot because it was so remote and we could hang out in the waterfall pools all day by ourselves. We did see a few auratus, one was even crossing the rope bridge with us haha. It was unusual to me to see them so high cause the bridge went from one tree to another. A great experience, thanks again!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wanted to say thanks again for the recommendation to go to rainmaker. It was my favorite spot because it was so remote and we could hang out in the waterfall pools all day by ourselves. We did see a few auratus, one was even crossing the rope bridge with us haha. It was unusual to me to see them so high cause the bridge went from one tree to another. A great experience, thanks again!
Awesome man!!! Glad you were able to make it the Rainmaker....ahhh, the waterfall pools, gotta get back to those one day.

were auratus fairly easy to spot in the wild? they didnt hide or anything like that?
I would say fairly easy is about right. I was able to spot several as they moved in and out of the leaf litter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts