Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my main viv set up for about eight or nine weeks and everything is looking good. I got three leucs locally from a very reputable source and currently have them set up in a quarantine (sweater box). They appear to be healthy and have been quarantined going on four weeks now. They a healthy looking and eating well.

Since they are on sphagnum with no microfauna does anyone think it would be beneficial to get them into the viv that has a very active microfauna population now or should I wait longer in quarantine?

Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
Yeah might as well, was there a reason you were QTing them? Usually the reason for QT is to get fecals done a couple of times to see if they're clean or need to be treated before going into the viv and contaminating it.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Quarantining the frogs without getting at least one fecal (and three at least seven days apart is ideal) is of very limited value. Given that even relatively heavily parasitized amphibians (or those infected with one or more infectious diseases) depending on conditions can show no signs of any issue for more than 30 or 60 days, is why a quarantine period without at least one (and ideally 3 fecal checks) isn't really a quarantine...

Ed

Reactions: kychris
1 - 4 of 4 Posts