Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Rob,

I haven't tried them. I have had good results with Repcal's Herptivite compared to the ZooMed Reptivite that I was using a couple years ago. After switching to Herptivite, I noticed an increase in egg size and number as well as a reduction is SLS in vent neonates. Also, I lost a few frogs to liver damage which is thought to have been caused by vitaminosis A (Reptivite contains VitA rather than a beta carotene substitute).

-Bill J.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, RepCal is obviously a well known vitamin and many people have good results with it. I use their products and have had better results with other products. From doing some reading on their site, these guys have put a lot of effort into specific formulations even designing a specific powder depending on whether you are dusting ff's or crickets. Whether or not that necessarily translates into a better product I don't know for sure but it makes sense to me.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I have heard nothing about them, but I don't like the fact that their site for the frogs and toads vitamins do not indicate what their formulation comprises in a % or IU breakdown. Nonetheless, if Phillipe de Vosjoli is involved on some level, that at least lends some credibility to them.

By the way, what vitamins/minerals have you used that you have found to be better than RepCal and Herptivite?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had better results with Super Preen over Herptivite. It's hard to make a really good argument though because there are so many other factors involved that could be contributing to the problems I am having since switching to Herptivite. I am going to start mixing both and see if things improve. In my 10 years of keep pdfs it wasn't until I quit using Super Preen that I had my first cases of spindly. Again could be coincidental, could be other factors involved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts