Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting some Pygmy chams. My biggest problem with them is I hate crickets.

Do anyone know of anyone that has successfully raised them on a different diet? Obviously fruit flies and bean beetles would be easiest due to culturing them for the frogs.

General Chameleon Care Sheet

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I have been thinking about getting some Pygmy chams. My biggest problem with them is I hate crickets.

Do anyone know of anyone that has successfully raised them on a different diet? Obviously fruit flies and bean beetles would be easiest due to culturing them for the frogs.

General Chameleon Care Sheet

Any thoughts?
They can take larger FFs as a primary food source instead.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I have not personally kept them but my friend has a breeding pair... he feeds them small crickets (1/4 to 1/2 an inch) and they do fine with those. I'm no expert but I don't see why they couldn't be kept on hydei, bean beetles, and iso's... especially giant orange iso's.

Babies definitely need to be fed melo's though.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys.

I haven't had bean beetles for a few months due to a mite break out but ill have to get some going along with isos to get ready.

I've always wanted some of these guys but now I'm fully convinced I'm gonna get some

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Thanks for the help guys.

I haven't had bean beetles for a few months due to a mite break out but ill have to get some going along with isos to get ready.

I've always wanted some of these guys but now I'm fully convinced I'm gonna get some
Sounds awesome. Post some pics when you get them!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds awesome. Post some pics when you get them!
I will if you promise to not talk crap about the tank that has pygmy chams, azureus, bakhuis, Komodo dragons, and a t-Rex in it. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts