Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put five tiny crickets in my vivarium to feed my new Pacific Chorus Frog froglet. They all scattered and hid, so I was wondering if putting a tiny piece of fruit on the big piece of driftwood would attract the crickets so he could eat them. Would that work?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
561 Posts
None of the crickets went to the banana. It started to dry up so I tossed it out. What fruit/veggie are crickets attracted to the most? :confused:
I will put a partially pealed grape in the tank at a feeding spot. An unpealed grape doesn't work at all, partially pealed disperses the smell which attracts all of the critters that the frogs like to eat.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
ive noticed crickets are SUCKERS!!! for good ole... water. seriously, a small dish of water and they are all over it! i have a water fall and thats where they always end up

·
Registered
28 Posts
Avocado is expensive;)

Crickets do venture out to find food, though they may have plenty of food in their hiding spots, depending one what substrate you use in your tank. I am not a frog keeper, so I don't know if this is a good idea, but you might lure them out with a piece of dried, dog food. Place it in an upside down plastic lid so it is not touching the presumably wet substrate of your frog tank. It will be less likely to mold this way.

Of course, my best suggestions are that you drop more crickets in the tank and/or reduce the number of hiding places for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts