Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my froglets is 2-3 times bigger than my other froglet. Would it be bad to put them in the same 20G viv together?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Oh I took the viv apart and cleaned it, so I think the viv itself is ready for inhabitants.
The link Sally posted is 4 days old (3 days form this post). But some how you completely tore it apart, cleaned and deconed it, bought new material, set it up, planted it, seeded it, allowed it to grow out in 3 days? 3 days!

I love you ambition but something isn't sitting right. Here's my suggestion:
Put your froglets in a Quarantine tank. It could be those 190 oz. plastic tubs Josh sells, and collect fecals. There are stickys available on this forum that tell you how to do all of this. Please don't post new threads asking how to do it. Use the sticky's they are available for a reason.

I know you just want to put the frogs in the tank. Believe me we all do. But Quarantine is one of the major aspects between the professional hobbyist and the amateur.

This is just my opinion and you're are welcome to take my advice or ignore it.

Yours truly

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I agree that you can't grow out a viv in 3 days, but it's entirely possible to tear one down and clean it and set it back up.

But...I would definitely NOT put the two froglets together. If you have no clue as to why the one froglet died, the other froglet from that tank may be a risk. If you put the new one in with that one, you are risking both of their lives. I would wait. Make sure the older froglet is not showing any symptoms. Send in fecals. There would be nothing worse than having them both die from something that could've been prevented.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts