Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been working on this side by side with my 75 gallon viv. I was given 4 of these as they came in with cracked bottoms. I replaced the bottoms and found that all the tracking was loose. Silicone does not stick well to plastics so they came off easily so I could sand the plastic tracks. That gives the silicone something to hold on to. For the rest of the construction details, please see my 75 gallon viv build as it goes into more detail and has links to all the steps in the build. http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/76581-pumilos-75-corner-viv.html
Here goes.
Cork bark siliconed in. We are going with another cork tree structure and the cork bark mosaic method.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sphagnum stuffed into cracks. An inch of so of Turface is put in. An inch or so of my clay substrate is put in.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PVC spacers put in and filled with substrate.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Frogparty. Here comes a familiar looking piece of wood on top of those spacers.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If only I knew somewhere I could get a thousand or so bugs. Wait a minute! :rolleyes: Dwarf white isopods and dwarf purple "junglepods" are added. Bunches of temperate white springtails, some pink springtails, and some Tomocerus giant black springs go in.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A cork bark log is stuffed with sphagnum and added. I'm trying to break this viv up into different territories. 4 Reticulata will be going in here and signs of aggression will be carefully watched. Hopefully, the separate territories will help with their aggression. You can see the first few plants going in.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The occupants. Anybody experienced with Reticulata care to take a stab at sexing? I'm sure hoping male, female, female, male.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Home sweet Home...or Jailbreak! viewers choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The rest of the photography is courtesy of Frogboy. He was playing with the camera settings so the color is messed up on some of them. None of these frogs are orange. They are metallic red beyond red! We are putting in the orange shots anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"What are you looking at?"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Are you going to be separating them soon? From what I've read retics are extremely aggressive in anything more than pairs.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you going to be separating them soon? From what I've read retics are extremely aggressive in anything more than pairs.
We will be watching for aggression and will be prepared to separate at any time. Their original 10 gallon will be kept ready for an emergency back up viv while a second viv is prepared if necessary.
However, there are Reticulata keepers out there who have had success in groups. It is key to have distinct territories, which we have done with the trunk structures and the log. It is also important to have lots of leaf litter. We have an average 2 inches deep leaf litter. We have many caves and hides in the viv for them to claim as their own.
We hope to keep them as a group but are prepared to separate.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Ya it seems like everything seems to be different with different people i have herd of groups sucessful and i have herd of fighting till the group is weeded down to a pair. Keep us updated! In getting some in the next import from ue. I was going to keep them in separate pairs, hopefully yours keep to their territories :)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Dang Doug.....Two sweet builds at the same time, showoff!......Looks awesome bro.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts