Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
hey, i am not sure, but i would guess that it is a Bocas Del Toro locality pumilio. Where was this photo taken? NAIB by any chance? Looks like it is missing some of the yellow that they usually have under the chin and belly....is this an F1? F1's generally are missing the nice deep yellow hues of wc bocas....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude thats the one at NAIB. When i was there there was a pumilo like that there that had a broken leg and no body seemed to care.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
furizzl, They probibly did care, but if its healed, or healing well, what could they do? You can't exactly splint a frog's leg. On something small like that its probibly better just to let it heal on its own in an environment that causes less stress (like the one its already in) unless there is something that is posing danger to the frog (or its not getting enough food, needs to be medicated, etc).

It looks like an Colon morph to me too due to the legs. I know they had some.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I took that pic at NAIB. Never saw that color before.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If i am thinking correctly Bocas Del Toro is a village on the southern tip of Isla Colon so I guess it is the same thing just a little more specific. And it is an F1, all the pumilio in that exhibit are F1 animals now. That locality was the most prolific producer in their collection....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts