Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess I'm the only one with enough guts to admit I got these frogs. :wink: They were all active and hopping around. I plan to get fecals done next week and proceed from there.

rob

G

·
How well are they eating? I sure wish I had the cash to spend on some....those alrimante are absolutely stunning! I may shell out for some very soon!

-Bill J.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well they are sitting next to me at work, during lunch in 2 hours I will take them home, I dont plan to feed them until tonight though.

rob

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will take some more tomorrow afternoon as I have an "event" ( getting drunk at a bar for a friends going away party) tonight.

Rob

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Those are nice, I wish I had money right now, because in glens e-mail he said he had a few left. But I plan on getting some from the next shipment.

·
Registered
221 Posts
hi rob,
your not the only one that got some. :lol: i got 3 of the almirante today. i'm also on the original list for the black & whites, green and blue etc. when they come in.
mine are surprisingly active, and i think glenn did a good job sexing them. i'm pertty sure i got 1.2., and they are fat and healthy so far.
i will some pics also as soon as i figure out to post them here.
good luck rob, and keep me informed on how yours are doing :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My almirantes are pretty active as well climbing everywhere, I'm not sure if I have a pair though, the red with black dots ( not sure if they are the bastimentos morph ), are doing well too. One of mine came in quite skinny, but have talked to Glenn about it already and hopefully I will be able to fatten the little guy up with some tlc. I took more pics tonight and will post them in the morning. I dont think the camera shook too much......
If anyone else wants to talk personally about these frogs feel free to email me.

rob

edited out the blurry ones........
more images at
http://www.evolv3d.com/frogs/07_15_04

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks good!

Rob, I got 4 of the almirante morph also, they are all doing great and very active. It looks to me like I have 3.1 but it is obviously hard to tell with their activity. How are you planning on acclimating yours? Mine are housed seperately in steralite containers which I will do for at least the next 30 days. I think you said that you are going to get fecals done, are you planning on using he panacur powder that Glenn sent prior to that?

I was going after a different morph but I am very glad that I had them send these to me. On that note, Glenn and his partner were very professional to work with, called me several times regarding the shipment delays, notified me of exactly when and how they were shipping, and packaged the frogs extremely well. They are certainly doing a great deed by bringing these terrific frogs into our hobby.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
With the 2 that I have its extremely different to tell them apart, but if I have more males possibly we could arrange a trade. I dont plan to treat the frogs until I get fecals done. Right now I have them housed in 2.5 gallon tanks with spagnum moss, dried leaves, and seeded with springtails. I have seen all of them eat some meloganaster flies that I threw in this morning as well. As these guys are farm raised I feel that if one of them has worms, probably all of them have worms as well, so I dont think housing them together would cause too many problems, unless fighting breaks out. Glenn and Jo at Seaside were both extremely easy to deal with and understanding of the importance of getting healthy frogs shipped. I know he has a bad reputation from some people, but I would buy frogs from him again.

rob

·
Registered
199 Posts
You are probably right , if one has worms they probably all would. Mine are all eating well too and are very visible and curious about their surroundings. Regarding sexing, it looks like you can see a slight vocal sac on 3 of mine but not on the 4th which is also the rounder of the 4. I haven't really seen much of a difference in the toe pads. Unfortunately my steralite containers that I have them in are not very good for taking pictures or I would try and get a few shots for comparison. Do you have a plan for what type of vivarium you are going to keep them in?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Almirante

I also received a pair of Almirante on thursday. Glenn was great to work with, had no problems with shipping, and the frogs are fantastic. They're fairly easy to sex also due to the coloring on the throat. I went to cincinnatti like 2 hours later and just got back tonight. I was worried about them the whole time, but they're absolutely fine. I've got them each in their own sweater box- doin great. I hope the prices do come down cause if so i'll definitely be getting more.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts