Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone on here work or know who works with Oophaga pumilio 'Isla Baki'????
thanks!

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Why is it weird? You bring up what seems like a rare kind and you only waited a few hours. It can take several days and a few post bumps to get an answer to more particular questions.

Sorry, have not heard of it nor worked with it. I hope you get an answer soon.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I really don't know but I think they were recently added to that pumilio morph guide, so unless they were imported previously under a different name or something I've never seen them before or even heard of them other than the pictures in the guide.
Bryan

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Just because a frog is on that guide does not mean it has ever been imported. I know that there are frogs on that morph guide that the location is kept secret as the entire population is very small. By keeping it secret it is hoped that they will not be smuggled to extinction. Some of those morphs will probably NEVER be imported.
The Nicki population, for example, is extremely small and ONLY exits in an area 0.125 square miles. http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/oophaga/60961-oophaga-pumilio-melci.html
Keep in mind that the morph has only just recently been added to the morph guide. Couple this with the fact that if you google, "pumilio Isla Baki", only 3 relevant entries pop up, (and one of them is this thread). To me this suggests that this is a fairly recent discovery, but I admit this is an assumption from the evidence I could find.
In summary, I don't think you are going to see this frog anytime soon. But that's OK, we need dream frogs, too!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what I was looking for thanks for the info! Just thought it would be cool to have an all blue pum!:D

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Yes they are nice; if you are looking for a blue pumilio that are already available here look at cauchero, darkland, or even an escudo with limited red.
Bryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts