Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have been reading a little more on pumilios as I just picked up my first 2 at IAD. I have read multiple places they they like it a little dryer than most others. Can someone tell me how dry? 60-70-80-90%? Right now I would say the tank is in around 90% humidity, but I can drop that if needed.
 
G

·
Kyle,

In my experience, the pumilio prefered that any moisture collecting on leaves, wood, etc, to dry off rather quickly while keeping a high humidity of 80% or so. Good way to achieve this would be via ventilation/air ciulation until everything dries, then reduce the ventilation in order to maintain a higher humidity point. All in all I had no problems at all with maintaining them. Best of luck with those beauts!!

-Bill J.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I might open the vent a little more.

BillJohnson said:
Kyle,

In my experience, the pumilio prefered that any moisture collecting on leaves, wood, etc, to dry off rather quickly while keeping a high humidity of 80% or so. Good way to achieve this would be via ventilation/air ciulation until everything dries, then reduce the ventilation in order to maintain a higher humidity point. All in all I had no problems at all with maintaining them. Best of luck with those beauts!!

-Bill J.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,411 Posts
pumilio

Kyle,

I have had my pumilio for about two years in constant high humidity (85-95%) and never had any problems. They are very active and breed easily in this. The temp stays in the mid 70's around the clock.

Good luck,

Justin
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: pumilio

Sounds about exactly where my tank is at. They are active and eating like crazy... I just hope I have a pair.


andersonii85 said:
Kyle,

I have had my pumilio for about two years in constant high humidity (85-95%) and never had any problems. They are very active and breed easily in this. The temp stays in the mid 70's around the clock.

Good luck,

Justin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,411 Posts
Re: pumilio

kyle1745 said:
Sounds about exactly where my tank is at. They are active and eating like crazy... I just hope I have a pair.


Hoping you have a pair eh? Better hope that they take care of their young too while you're at it...lol. If you have broms in there you will know if you have males...that's for sure.

Glad they are active and eating= always a plus.

Justin
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: pumilio

Ya I have broms in there, I'll take some pics here soon of all the new tanks...


andersonii85 said:
kyle1745 said:
Sounds about exactly where my tank is at. They are active and eating like crazy... I just hope I have a pair.


Hoping you have a pair eh? Better hope that they take care of their young too while you're at it...lol. If you have broms in there you will know if you have males...that's for sure.

Glad they are active and eating= always a plus.

Justin
 
G

·
Hey Kyle I met the back of your head :lol:
I had been told that there were two pumilio at a table to the left in the very back. I headed that way and there was a guy just in front of me that got them. It is fantastic that you got them. I wish I could have met you.
Enjoy and I look forward to your photos of them.
Rhonda :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I wish I would have met more people also. My wife could only take so much of the frogs, and it was hard since only the vendors had name tags. I think instead of the wrist bands every person should get a stick on name tag, when they enter. I had a great time, and next year I think I will just go to talk and not to buy. Maybe by next year I'll even have a table...

FrogByte11 said:
Hey Kyle I met the back of your head :lol:
I had been told that there were two pumilio at a table to the left in the very back. I headed that way and there was a guy just in front of me that got them. It is fantastic that you got them. I wish I could have met you.
Enjoy and I look forward to your photos of them.
Rhonda :)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top