Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently moved a pair of pumilio to a new enclosure. In the old enclosure they were raising a tad in a 2oz condiment cup. The new enclosure had all new plants etc. and I just moved the condiment cup with the tad into a corner of the tank expecting that they would abandon the tad. To my surprise she found the tad and started feeding it again. Have to say I really did not think she would continue raising it after the stress of moving etc. I know I have told people in the past that I doubted they would continue to raise tads if you were to move a bromeliad to a new enclosure, but I guess there's a chance.

Robb

·
Banned
579 Posts
So I recently moved a pair of pumilio to a new enclosure. In the old enclosure they were raising a tad in a 2oz condiment cup. The new enclosure had all new plants etc. and I just moved the condiment cup with the tad into a corner of the tank expecting that they would abandon the tad. To my surprise she found the tad and started feeding it again. Have to say I really did not think she would continue raising it after the stress of moving etc. I know I have told people in the past that I doubted they would continue to raise tads if you were to move a bromeliad to a new enclosure, but I guess there's a chance.

Robb
Thats awesome! I just recently had the same thing happen to me last week...with three tads! I found one in a canister ob the ground hidden and two more in a rotten brom... Theyre days from walking out.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
I also had to move a brom and unexpectidly found a RFB Basti tad, I put in a new brom and put the tad back in approx the same spot axil wise, a month later it morphed out.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
People should learn something from animals. Animals don't want to abandon their young.

Thats a great thing to see.

Daryl
Thats a bit of an overgeneralization. "Abandonment" is one of the most prevalent stratagies in the animal kingdom. Animals that provide ANY form of care after birth/hatching are more the exception than the norm.

OP. Good to hear that your pums found the tad and are continueing to take care of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts