Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have pair sold to me as probable pair, after 6 month together, i have not seen any mating behavior. Actually i don't even know how tell the differences.. but today when i came home..i saw the male call and ran off and the other frog follow. Then he called again and ran to another hidden leaf, and currently both of them are hiding in this hidden pothos leaf and i just see it shaking. lol. I'm assuming they doing something dirty behind the leaf. but was wondering if that sound like some mating behavior of alimrante.. any advice would be nice. thanks

Milez

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh..been confirm, i see eggs..sweet!

Reactions: johnc

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congrats! Can you think of any recent changes in variables that might have triggered them to spawn? That might have been your missing element.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick question,

Even though with eggs, the male is still calling when I feed them. Is that normal? Also, is there any special misting needs to make sure the eggs stay healthy?

-milez

·
Registered
23 Posts
Males probably gonna keep calling for about 2-3 more weeks and then it'll go quite. I just keep it humid enough in the tank so that there is water still on the leaves. Congrats

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, i try getting a photo, but the eggs are located in a pretty hidden pothos leaf. I was wondering how can i determine if the eggs are bad. I notice its a black egg with minor white spot to it. These are actually my first breeding pair of frogs, my leuc and lamas ain't giving me any egg at all. Another question, should i mist the location where the eggs are at or avoid it. i only have 3 broms and 3 film canister in the tank. so i don't know if that enough room for them to drop the tads if they develop. and the water in the film canister hasn't been change for awhile, its just water from me misting the tank. so any pointers would be great.. thanks in advances.

Milez

·
Banned
579 Posts
Behold!!!! For almirante will shower you with offspring like no other! Truly my favorite lacality of all spots. They are just plain badasses when it comes to keeping frogs. The males have some sort of " little man syndrom"

·
Registered
539 Posts
Behold!!!! For almirante will shower you with offspring like no other! Truly my favorite lacality of all spots. They are just plain badasses when it comes to keeping frogs. The males have some sort of " little man syndrom"
LOL, very true! I just pulled 4 froglets, last week, and now their are already several new clutches going! I can see the little tads starting to form, its really cool to watch them develop!

·
Banned
579 Posts
LOL, very true! I just pulled 4 froglets, last week, and now their are already several new clutches going! I can see the little tads starting to form, its really cool to watch them develop!
They are very underrated pumilio. If all pumilip were equal rare and all same price and rancheros not picking the same spot over and over......Id def put almirante in my top 3 pumilios! I swear these guys are the ancestors of u.f.c.
Well the males. They defend their turf and chick line no other.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts