Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first pumilio froglets emerged about 3-4 month's ago. One is growing chubby and doing well. the other is smaller thinner and being out competed for springtails. would it be safe to remove the larger froglet now. I also have 2 more ready to emerge and more eggs developing on leaf. Thanks for your help John

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Is it possible to bolster the microfauna with an added seeding? I admittedly have never worked with Pums, and am hesitant to be accused of spewing dogmatic beliefs, or anecdotal theory, but I think as long as you removed the larger froglet and intro'd him into a very well established viv with an active microfauna base with the same parameters, it should be fine. Not to mention it would eleviate pressure from not only the thinner froglet, but also the soon to emerge. Best of luck and all my congrats!

JBear

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are yellow bellies. I had 2 males in a temporary ten gallon tank. Went to frog day a low and behold 1 female was available. bought it and put it with the males and in 2 days had eggs. That leads to another question. Can I move the whole family into bigger quarters and not lose any? The bigger froglet stares at fruit flies but I am not sure it is eating them yet. Thanks again John

·
Banned
579 Posts
Usually everyones main concern... Us the little guy afraid of ffs or is he eating them? Trust me, they get hungry.... Theyll eat them! My smallest pum species froglets devour ffs, so I think those yb def do it too. ; )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts