Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I found one link in thread but it was no longer available.

I'm looking for some help with the proper ph range of a dart frog tank with a water feature? I'm using a canister filter to clean/circulate the water.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I think you're probably not going to get too much information on this one. Seems like most people don't monitor pH of water features since the frogs don't tend to go in the water that much anyway. Could be wrong, but I' don't believe I've seen pH discussed much on the board for the frogs sake. Are you trying to keep fish in the water feature?

I just use the water and some floater plants as a drainage layer. Once it gets full I suck some out. If it's dirty, I suck some out. It fills itself back up in time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm not looking to add fish, just wanted to make sure the water was in the proper range. I have a waterfall with a small "pond" area and was just concerned that if the water was too far out of range one way or the other, it would affect the frogs health.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I could see the pH being harmful if it was at the extreme ends of the range. 6.5-8.5 would be fine, I'm sure.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Reactions: RNKot

·
Registered
381 Posts
Sorry to be a necro but I'm wondering if dendros can take higher PH water. I know the general consensus says it doesn't matter but the water I might use is exceptionally high ph for most.

I currently use a gravity filter that takes out all the nasties but remineralizes the water and can make it up to 9.5 ph (I haven't tested my specific water yet though)......I drink this myself and give it to my garters without issue but I wonder if it's safe for darts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts