Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! I like it. What the world needs now is more Frogs! What kind are you thinking of for this projects?
I'm so glad you like it.:) I think Dart's frog colony.:eek:

do you have any advice?:):confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Bumblebee poison dart frog (Dendrobates leucomelas) would be great.

They can be arboreal or terrestrial depending on their vivarium. Yours will be both and a group of five or so would be perfect.

Thank you for this good advice. I will definitely consider that suggestion.

150x75hx60 in this measurement, it must be a Poison Dart frog vivarium a few more to the colony? what is Your suggestion?:confused:

note: I'm sorry my English is a little bad :(:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I'm so glad you like it.:) I think Dart's frog colony.:eek:

do you have any advice?:):confused:
Looks like it's gonna have great potential. I don't know if you mean you want to have that amount of each species but you can only put one species together so they don't wind up cross breeding and creating hybrids. We are very much against that in this hobby.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In the wild they hang in five or so in a group. It may not make a difference here unless some aggression sets in. The size of your viv might be allow for more. Does someone else have a different opinion?
Yes, different species could be problematic. the most ideal situation, two different species feed.

This vivarium would be suitable for a colony of 20 units, do you think?

Looks like it's gonna have great potential. I don't know if you mean you want to have that amount of each species but you can only put one species together so they don't wind up cross breeding and creating hybrids. We are very much against that in this hobby.
you're certainly right about that. I will consider your suggestions.

In 2 weeks column and the sarcophagus will be over. :)

the following images will be the same :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Yes, different species could be problematic. the most ideal situation, two different species feed.

This vivarium would be suitable for a colony of 20 units, do you think?

you're certainly right about that. I will consider your suggestions.

In 2 weeks column and the sarcophagus will be over. :)

the following images will be the same :)
20 frogs is a lot. How many gallons is this viv? It doesn't look big enough for 20 frogs.
If that's what you mean by 20 units.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using tapatalk
Also how are you sealing all these rock pieces?

Reactions: loving

·
Registered
49 Posts
Where did you get this info?
The bumblebee poison dart frog is diurnal and highly active. Seemingly constantly energetic, bumblebee poison dart frogs are intelligent and curious amphibians with a frequently seen desire to explore changes to their surroundings. In captivity they are among the boldest of the poison dart frogs, making little or no attempt to conceal themselves.

Bumblebee poison dart frog - Reptipedia - Wikia

Bumblebee poison dart frogs live in groups of four or five in the wild; captive specimens can be kept in smaller or larger groups. Like D. tinctorius, groups of leucomelas set up established territories and defend them against rival groups. This can result in squabbles involving frogs "pairing off" with frogs from the opposing group, and wrestling."

You are more of an expert than I. I am still in the researching stages.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
178 gallons (675 LT.) :)

these measures are suitable for the survival of the species?:confused::)
What is the floor space size though?
Regardless 20 is a lot.
If you don't know about the species needs then don't get any frogs until you educate yourself on the species.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Also there is nothing to consider about mixing different types of frogs....just don't do it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aggregate news from the grave of the king.The construction of the sarcophagus and columns continues. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts