1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I will say female.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
She is huge, that may be the fattest imi I have seen. I definitively say female but I am never right :)

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I hate to say this but she does not look well. That looks like fluid retention or impaction to me. Use the search function to search for the following: impacted, impaction, fluid retention.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have definitely seen variabilis and vents that fat, but they lay more than 2-3 eggs at a time... my imitator females usually don't get much of that look to them. A different angle would help, either way good luck

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have definitely seen variabilis and vents that fat, but they lay more than 2-3 eggs at a time... my imitator females usually don't get much of that look to them. A different angle would help, either way good luck
Yea my female variabilis looked just like that going into their permanent home....Has since thinned out a bit but still chunky.....

I will say none of my female R. imitators or other thumbs have gotten that large/ rotund other then said variabilis. Although my female varadero has laid a couple 5 egg clutches.

Hopefully what ever it is can be figured out....Good luck with the frog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts