Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They both stink, come up with something else

• The usual way

Preferred door closure method

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
OK, one more question for some feedback and I'm done....promise :) I'm trying to come up with a nice looking way to keep the door closed on these tanks. I have seen the way they are normally held closed with a small piece of acrylic attached to the tank that rotates over the door. But I have a couple more options for you. The snap is fairly straight forward. I would use two of them, one on top and one on the bottom and the door would "snap" shut. The other is the hasp, which is also clear, but you could lock it if need be. Also, I plan on putting a small, clear pull on the door as well so it is easily opened.

Here is the snap type:

Here is the hasp (measures 2 3/16" x 1 1/16"):

See less See more
#3 ·
Since these are made from cast acrylic and not extruded acrylic, I don't forsee warping being an issue. The few people I have talked to said they noticed their door warping within about b2 weeks, so the testing on mine will tell if the door will warp. But I honestly don't think it will be a problem. :D

G
#7 ·
I like sliding doors too.... and I think it could work on a rack setup, better than the otherway. The only issue is the most you can open the door really is 45% of the width of the front (if you do it in the typical patio sliding glass door way that I'm thinking of).

-Tad

G
#14 ·

I will post better pics when I have time to my site, but that gives you the idea.

I like the idea of the hasp, but I don't think 1 would keep the door closed. But it would be nice to some what lock the tanks. I cast a vote for hasp, but would like to see something else used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.