Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please check off your preferred background a vivarium. If checked other, please indicate what you use.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I like corkbark for larger frogs that lay in a hut, and I prefer to use nothing for frogs that dont lay in huts, but I am looking into co co fiber for their tanks. Because I would rather not have to search through all the holes in corkbark for eggs, and if the male deposited them in a brom I wouldnt find them until they morphed.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I'll follow Ben on this one again. Coco panels are my favorite, just a little bit on the expensive side. For really large tanks (which I don't have right now :( ) I would probably use the foamed backgrounds (I do have this in some smaller tanks as well, ones that I didn't want to use my precious Coco panels for lol). I think the foamed background is best used in larger tanks where you can add branches and other built in planters.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Are you asking about the Cocos Panels? If so, yes. Mine have grown both ferns and moss. I have also seen tree fern panels and spagnum moss produce ferns, but I still think Coco panels are better. I have mounted spagnum moss on the Coco panels and it quiclkly starts to grow. I think they are easier to work with, and to top it off they are renewable.

G

·
Coco fiber is the woven mesh stuff...

Thanks for the pic tony

Coco Panels is the product from Vivaria.nl
This stuff is more spongy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts