Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a power compact atinic fixture.
Will this fixture be enough for green tree frogs or anoles or geckos?
I'm planning on making a 29g paladarium and I'm doing live plants in the water as well.
I noticed since I put this fixture on some Cryptanthus are getting pretty bright and the bromelaids are pups themselves yet one has a pump already sprouting up.

Is this gonna be enough light?
will the atinic bulb bother nocturnal animals?
Should I just replace the atinic bulb with another PC bulb?
Will I still need to use a UVB bulb?

Thanks for all your help :)
I hope to hear from you soon
Here is some pics...

Power Compact bulb only

Here is the bromeliad with the lil pup growing on it

Here is the Atinic bulb on during the night. It gives it an awesome moonlight look

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Well let me start out by saying that pc's are great powerful lights. They do run a little hot though, just something to think about as you want your frogs in the 70-80 degree range. If this is not an issue than I would say run a daylight pc near the 6500k range as this is ideal for plants. The actinics are way too bright IMO to simulate moonlight. Even on the brightest full moon, I have not seen it that bright. Stick with the lower kelvin lighting for a day cycle and save yourself the electricity of the "moonlights" at night.

UVB is not necessary if you are providing the correct supplementation with d3 vitamins.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The actinics are way too bright IMO to simulate moonlight. Even on the brightest full moon, I have not seen it that bright. Stick with the lower kelvin lighting for a day cycle and save yourself the electricity of the "moonlights" at night.

UVB is not necessary if you are providing the correct supplementation with d3 vitamins.
It has a built in fan and I'm gonna be placing a fan system in the tank like Grimm's on his penninsula build except I will only be using one side to keep the air moving around in the tank keeping temps down.
I was planning on putting a glass lid on top with a screen strip alond the back for ventilation. Using a fan would it be necessary to have the screen?
What about using the atinic for the water plants growth in the tank or is that only necessary for coral?

I use RepCal Phosporous free with Vit D3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts