Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Pothos as a staple plant in my Vivs. I have other plants, but I use Pothos to dominate the landscape. I allow MOST of it to grow upward and root in the air. I use plastic coated "Bobby-Pins" to anchor the stalks/shoots down where needed to have a feeding, viewing area, etc. My concern derives from another thread where the topic of Phenotypic Plasticity came up.

I am wondering, does the overhanging "canopy" of Pothos pose a significant source for plasticity to occur in my captive Tincs? I would not want to alter there genetic make-up and have "Short Legged" Tinc offspring.

I appreciate any and all feedback!

JBear

·
Registered
19,322 Posts
It won't necessarily alter thier genetic make-up (at least initially) but the only answer that can be given is maybe. It is a theory that the short-femur issue is due to plasticity due to the enviroment we keep them in (longer and shorter leg bones are also seen in Marine toads in Australia) and we don't have any proof either way yet.

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.