Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting ready to make my first FF cultures and I have some instant potato powder laying around. Will this work Ok in place of the flakes ?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Don't use it. It will make nice potato concrete.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Potato powder will work fine, your problem is that 1 cup of potato powder is not the same as 1 cup of potato flake. If you run one cup of flakes through a blender, it will take up less space and will probably be closer to 2/3 to 3/4 cup of powder. I usually run my recipe through a blender for a better mix, so while I have not actually measured the difference, I think that my example should get you pretty close.
So if you are doing a recipe that uses 6 cups of potato flake, you would instead figure out, lets say, 3/4 cup x 6. That would be closer to 4 1/2 cups pototo powder instead of 6 cups of potato flake. Again, it's not exact, but I think it would be close enough to get production.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply. I'll play around with it. I did finally see one recipe that used powder instead of flakes.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
you can use either one,you just have to tweak with the recipe,every member here has their own tweaked out recipe :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts