Dendroboard banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Very short notice but I see bulk reef supply has $100 off there already competitive price for a 6 stage RO/DI system. If you do not already have one this will save you buying distilled or RO/DI water for your misters from elsewhere. After I bought one I also noticed I don't mind using RO/DI water for a lot of other uses. If you don't see it at $230 you missed the deal.

BRS 6 Stage Universal Water Saver Plus Chloramines RO/DI System - 150GPD - Bulk Reef Supply

·
Registered
87 Posts
Deal is gone.

Where does one typically install such a system?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
It is most convenient for installation to install near a water source and drain. I put mine near a utility sink in the basement. It is also a decent sized system so you probably don't want it in any part of the home that you care about aesthetics in. The BRS system comes with installation parts to put it almost anywhere. Little plumbing fittings to adapt it to sinks, drains, faucets, puncture copper tubing etc....

Some people install them in vanities under sinks.

You can also purchase parts to install a drinking water faucet. I have mine plumbed to go into the icemaker for the freezer that way I don't have to buy those expensive filters they sell that are specific to the fridge. I also use the water from it to water plants especially sensitive orchids, put in the Keurig, and to rinse off stuff I don't want to leave water marks on.

When I was running out to buy water I didn't do most of that, it was too much of a pain refilling the 5 gallon jugs and lugging them around.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just saying petco now price match petco.com so before u buy something look for it on petco.com and chances are its at least 35 percent off

·
Registered
835 Posts
Petsmart has 36x18x18 for 131 plus 10% off if you pick up.in store. Even cheaper than Josh's frogs pick up at a show.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great deal on lighting!

I recently discovered an amazing deal for lighting I wanted to share. A local frogger told me about an ebay seller called "topdogseller". They sell aquarium lights for really cheap and great quality. I just recieve my 48'' LED light unit that is thin and made of metal. Only cost me $25 and there was free shipping. I have it across the top of a shelf on my frog rack and it lights up all of my tanks on the shelf really well. :D

hope this helps

·
Registered
63 Posts
Doctors foster and Smith has 25% off all reptile supplies including exo-terra
the code is scales25.
I'm not sure how much longer it's going to work though

41 - 53 of 53 Posts