Dendroboard banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Beginners you're going to need a temperature gun

I use a temperature gun very similar to this a temperature gun is a must-have for dart frog enthusiasts.
It's only $12 shipped

Nubee 8380 Temperature Gun Non-contact Infrared Thermometer w/ Laser Sight (Range: -50 to +380 C / -26 to +716) FU.S. FDA/FCC/CE/ROHS Approved – NeweggFlash.com

No this is not a sales ad and I have no stakes in Newegg just trying to pass on some savings to the beginners

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: carola1155

·
Super Moderator
5,017 Posts
Don't know why I didn't do this before... but this thread is now a "sticky" so it doesn't get buried again. We are going to try to keep all "deals" threads/posts consolidated here going forward.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I posted it for beginners yet some might not find it here. No reason why it can't be in 2 places at once. Oh well

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry, I don't find this thread very useful. I would rather someone post a current sale event as a separate thread with beginning and expiration dates
rather than have to read through a lot of posts for sales that have already expired to find current sales.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Don't know why I didn't do this before... but this thread is now a "sticky" so it doesn't get buried again. We are going to try to keep all "deals" threads/posts consolidated here going forward.

Thanks everyone!
Sticky status!!! ...Ye haw!!! :D

...Now how about that huge plant vendor list I've been harping on you guys for years to make a sticky :confused:

:p

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Sorry, I don't find this thread very useful. I would rather someone post a current sale event as a separate thread with beginning and expiration dates
rather than have to read through a lot of posts for sales that have already expired to find current sales.
I was doing that, and a discussion would start, then a new deal would appear.. and I'd post it in the discussion, but then I was afraid people wouldn't see it and I started new threads, and then we had several going at once and yet more deals came and went... I thought it was kinda a mess so that's why I started this thread finally, but to each their own. :)

One thing though, in a thread like this you can just typically skip to the last page or two of the thread to find the the most recent/relevant deals.

I'd recommend signing up for drfosters newsletter, as well as petsolutions.com and petmountain.com and ofcourse petco/petsmart and always nice to check in with the forum sponsors and our other trusted vendors from time to time.

Signing up for alerts from retailmenot, promopro, ebates and other coupon/code sites for the pet stores they cover is good too.

Really you do those few things and you'll probably catch most of the deals that will get posted here... So for anyone not wanting to scroll through the thread that's an option.

I also like that I only have to find one thread even if I have to scroll through a lot of post to find the deal or vendor I'm sooking for. Like I think someone posted ASI black silicone... The sale might be over but If I forget the vendor (which I already have) then I know where to look for the info.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I also like that I only have to find one thread even if I have to scroll through a lot of post to find the deal or vendor I'm sooking for. Like I think someone posted ASI black silicone... The sale might be over but If I forget the vendor (which I already have) then I know where to look for the info.
Hmmm, I guess I hadn't thought of it that way. I know I've had to scroll through a bunch of threads to find a mention of a vendor who had a certain product for which I was looking. I started keeping a list of products that I use and which vendors carry them. Unfortunately those products are seldom on sale when I need them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that this thread was not useful. I guess my point was that it wasn't in a format that was helpful to me (and possibly others).

If this thread helps out anyone in any way it's worth the effort. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hmmm, I guess I hadn't thought of it that way. I know I've had to scroll through a bunch of threads to find a mention of a vendor who had a certain product for which I was looking. I started keeping a list of products that I use and which vendors carry them. Unfortunately those products are seldom on sale when I need them.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that this thread was not useful. I guess my point was that it wasn't in a format that was helpful to me (and possibly others).

If this thread helps out anyone in any way it's worth the effort. Keep up the good work.
It's all good man: both formats have their advantages and disadvantages... I certainly didn't take it personal.

LoL, I can certainly relate to the stuff you wanting not being on sale when you want it, have the money and actually think to buy it.

The list is a smart idea. I kinda go about it in a more holistic way, and just the amount of time I've been around and spent hunting for things I need and stumbling on things I didn't know I needed has helped me avoid the need for a list myself, but then I also use the forum as kinda an extension of my own brain.

Actually I guess I do kinda have some lists like the plant seller post I did, the FX threads that list ideas and places to get the related products and/or list related threads. Then I can find my own threads/posts later if needed and make sure I'm subscribed to other threads that might prove useful someday even if I don't comment on them and/or have a use for the info at that moment.

Personally whether we do a sticky, ultimate thread on substrates, special fx, bug culturing etc..etc... or individual threads doesn't usually matter so much to me. I'd like to just see more people take an extra moment to link to other related threads, or cross link their own related or semi related threads so that one leads to another, then another and interested parties (who may not have the greatest "search fu") can save some time having to guess at the search terms that will lead them to what they want, and just get busy falling down the rabbit hole of useful thread after useful thread... and maybe finding, using or contributing to ideas they normally would have missed or not gotten involved in had they not sort of stumbled onto the journey that finally got them to a point where they would.

I think that's one of the benefits of a forum, and an advantage that this medium has over facebook or other social media that we don't make enough use of. Nor do I see many people on facebook linking back to a forum where someone can get a more in depth discussion. Ultimately both avenues I think should lead back to each other, which will make both more useful and enjoyable to everyone.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Just an FYI, the Exos must be picked up in person at the expo. They certainly do not qualify for free shipping. ;)
I believe the "free shipping" thing was meant to be a joke, meaning its free because you pick it up yourself. After all, he did say he was stocking up at NARBC...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe the "free shipping" thing was meant to be a joke, meaning its free because you pick it up yourself. After all, he did say he was stocking up at NARBC...
It's free shipping because of Josh's frog brings it to the show with all their other stuff. So you don't have to pay to get it shipped from were they are to your home. I did this for two exo's I got from our last show. Saved a bunch.

·
Registered
469 Posts
It's free shipping because of Josh's frog brings it to the show with all their other stuff. So you don't have to pay to get it shipped from were they are to your home. I did this for two exo's I got from our last show. Saved a bunch.
I'm well aware of how it works, lol. I did the same thing at Repticon. Again, I was just stating that I took KP3's "free shipping" comment to be humor/a joke, that's all.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Petco online has a sale on exo-terra terrariums. In particular, the 24x18x24 is a smoking deal at $104.99. Currently shipping comes out as free, it ships via freight carrier so they require contact info to set up delivery. I have no experience with buying from them online for terrariums. I almost wonder if it is a pricing error, as the next smaller size down is more expensive and the next size up is considerably more expensive.

http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/exo-terra-med-tall-terrarium-24x18x24

·
Registered
282 Posts
Petco online has a sale on exo-terra terrariums. In particular, the 24x18x24 is a smoking deal at $104.99. Currently shipping comes out as free, it ships via freight carrier so they require contact info to set up delivery. I have no experience with buying from them online for terrariums. I almost wonder if it is a pricing error, as the next smaller size down is more expensive and the next size up is considerably more expensive.

Exo-Terra Glass Terrarium, 24" L X 18" W X 24" H | Petco Store
I purchased my two 36/18/36 exo Terra's from Petco they were $250 and free shipping.
They also reduced price by 20% (off sale price), if you sign up for emails from them.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts