Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok if the mods have no problem with this, and it's in the best section...

I thought it would be nice to have a thread (that maybe becomes a sticky one day), where we and/or vendors can post their discount codes, special offers, sales, email offers.... anything that can save us money on vivarium animals, supplies or related things.

Rules...
No vendor feedback
Not to be used to sell your personal items (But vendors are free to post deals, and please link to classified ad if you have one as a vendor). We have classifieds for that :cool:

And please...
Post links to the codes and not just the codes if possible.
Please include when it expires if possible
And any other common sense measures...

Begin!!! :p

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased the ExoTerra 18x18x36. It is beautiful! Petco also has 20L and 40B for 50% off this weekend. Price ends up being $35 for the 20L and about $60 for the 40B.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pet mountain still has their 70% (supposedly) off site wide sale, and the new coupon code below is for 25% off that

COUPON CODE:
5299-713-750-124
25% OFF - MAX DISCOUNT $10 - ENDS 5/30/16 AT MIDNIGHT

The catch is the maximum discount is $10, and you don't get free shipping until your order hits $75.

I've been using these pet mountain coupons for the Aqueon optibright +. They only have the 30" left: these things are selling like hot cakes I guess...

I think the trick is with the limitation of $10, is to get your order as close to $75 as you can, without going over or under to much, to get the best discount.

For instance I ordered a 30" optibright +, 2 medium cork tubes, and 2 small malaysian drift would pieces for at total of 75.91 after the discount and free shipping.... I need that stuff anyways for new vivs I still have to build for incoming frogs, and the price IF memory serves is better then retail at any of my local petco, petsmart, or other pet stores.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you seen any deals on cork flats. I am in need of a bunch of that.

Jessica
In my post above I mention cork tubes I bought using the discount. Pet mountain has the zoo med cork backgrounds which you can break up and use as cork flats, and you could use the sale code I posted.

They also have cork tubes, and they actually have them in bulk at 15 pounds of them for just under $79... So that is over the 75 needed to get free shipping. I tried to apply the code to them but it didn't seem to work. Maybe the code is one use only? ....Also the code would lower the price to under 75, so they may try to charge you for shipping if the code works, and you'd have to add a few more dollars to get back the free shipping...

MIGHT be worth a shot, because you could take a hand/electric saw to those tubes and basically cut them into sections as planters, or in half, maybe thirds or even quarters, and then cut those sections and basically turn them into cork flats... Unless you buy cork tile, most raw cork flats are slightly curved on the inside anyways.

IF you don't need 15lbs worth, maybe just buy several of the individual pieces to cut up... Tubes are great as planters, and also half buried in the substrate, pack some sphagnum on top of them, or use them cut in halves and do the cork mosaic background, and this creates a hardscape that maximizes useable surface area, because the frogs can not only climb on them as ledges on the background, they can go in them, and instead of drift wood on the viv floor the frog can hop on, or kinda hide under the edge: the frog has a log it can climb on, craw through, or hide where the plants butt up to the cork tube.

My newest vivs aren't very well planted right now, but there is lot's of leaf litter in there, and what looks like hills are actually cork tubes with sphagnum packed over them, and since the vivs aren't grown in you look at em and think "oh gosh that's to barren", but you drop some fruit flies in there and frog start coming outta the woodwork (literally) :D

...Compliments the leaf litter (which also helps to offset the current lack of plants, and you can lean some against the hardscape elements to create even more hiding places), and it will only get better as the tank grows in. Cork like drift wood attracts springtails, and isopods... especially in shaded or dark spots, giving them a substrate to live, breed, and feed... and their gonna find their way into those tubes, and the frogs will be waiting for them. So then add in the leaf litter, and then the plants, and you should be able to support a really good population of microfauna that the frogs hopefully can't exhaust once established.

Most of these tanks don't have backgrounds in them yet, but I'm going to build drop in backgrounds on really really thin pieces of foam core board, then hold them in place with thin magnets or some 5min quick setting epoxy that the frogs won't be able to come into contact with (probably magnets though), and that way I can drop my backgrounds in even with frogs already living in the tank.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think we should have a whole forum dedicated to this. That way the deal is in the title and people can discuss the specific deal. This is how most forums do it successfully. A thread will get very long and convoluted.
That's my thinking too, but this forum has always been very conservative about even adding new stickies or new sections (Massive list of plant suppliers created In response to common question about where to get plants never made sticky status to my knowledge)... except for when they separated out mantella and other animals into another section. (Which maybe it was just coincidence, but that seemed to almost kill discussion on those topics.) ..I'm not saying I think that would happen here. I think this is a bit different, and they did add in a a sponsor's section like planted tank has, so maybe they are more open to that stuff...

Anyways, yes I agree!!! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Drsfosterandsmith are haveing a sale on current satellite plus pro leds, the 36-48 is normally 240.00 on sale for 195.00. The 15% and 10% off codes don't work on it. Ends in two weeks!!!

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Drsfosterandsmith are haveing a sale on current satellite plus pro leds, the 36-48 is normally 240.00 on sale for 195.00. The 15% and 10% off codes don't work on it. Ends in two weeks!!!
Ya that's tempting, but with all the new tanks I have to light I stuck with the the cheaper optibright +, finnex 24/7's from Dr fosters, a few beamswork and fluval ramp timers, and the vivagrow 24/7 knock offs.... but I really really want one of those PROs some day :p

...But then again by the time I'm ready to spend that much on one light, something better will probably be out. At least I hope this trend for cheaper lights with automated dusk/dawn continues.

·
Registered
155 Posts
CalWest tropicals is having a 20% off sale!
End of Spring Sale!

June 16-30th

20% off:

*Cork- Flat and Tubes
*Square Wood Baskets
*Coco Fiber Hanging Baskets and Hexagon Pots
*All Wire Baskets and Wire Hangers (not value pks)
*Clear Slotted Pots
*Cymbidium Pots - 4" & 6"
*Plastic Vanda Baskets - Green and Black
*Hardwood Slat Mounts
Orchid supplies, orchid potting mixes, spaghnum moss, neem oil, humidity trays and more
take note_ they have CORK included. don't see that very often.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ok if the mods have no problem with this, and it's in the best section...

I thought it would be nice to have a thread (that maybe becomes a sticky one day), where we and/or vendors can post their discount codes, special offers, sales, email offers.... anything that can save us money on vivarium animals, supplies or related things.

Rules...
No vendor feedback
Not to be used to sell your personal items (But vendors are free to post deals, and please link to classified ad if you have one as a vendor). We have classifieds for that :cool:

And please...
Post links to the codes and not just the codes if possible.
Please include when it expires if possible
And any other common sense measures...

Begin!!! :p
Seems like a deal sticky would be the way to go, bet it would get a lot of hits!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Petco 15$ off (No Minimum) + Free Shipping

Hi All,

Just wanted to send this along and share the wealth. The codes below (stacking is allowed) gets you 15$ off with no minimum as well as free shipping. I just ordered 4 items for 14$ and 6$ shipping and got it all free:

rd15nmp3t

freeship

Believe it ends Monday 11:59pm PST

EDIT: If this isn't allowed, my bad, please delete (it's not a referral code, slickdeals post)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts