Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'll looking for a nice, dual hose portable heater/AC unit for my 27'x12' frog room. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hey Zach,

I don't have an answer for you but I thought I would reply to bump it up because I'm also curious. In particular how to manage too much heat in a room, even when it's cool outside. (I don't want to open a window in case it gets too cool, etc)

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've located a unit (just need to order it), then a friend will be giving me a hand installing it, along with vents to the outside (he knows what he's doing - I have no idea) :p. I also picked up a generator for backup to keep it running in the event of a power outage. I have a feeling this winter is going to be pretty bad in Michigan, and I want to be prepared!

·
Registered
552 Posts
haha yeah, Michigan always feels like it needs to test you in the winter. I'm not worried about keeping my herp room warm in the winter (it also houses a tortoise and a boa who both have heat sources.) Lately, it's been hovering around 80 and I'd really like to drop that a few degrees before I get my frogs. And like I said, I don't really want to open a window but it also feels silly running an AC when it's 55 degrees outside.

Max

·
Registered
95 Posts
I know you can get central HVAC units that include a fan/vent/somesuch where if it's trying to cool the house, and the outside is sufficiently colder than the inside, it will just pipe in fresh air rather than run the compressor. Wonder if they make a portable unit that does the same thing?

-GB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts