Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I put one in my new viv. It's not done but it has been tested, and it works, somewhat :oops:

I bought a bunch of drip irrigator nozzles, especially the adjustable ones. I laid down the tubing then foamed over it. The only thing I really don't like is that it is somewhat loud inside the viv when it first comes on because almost all air is coming through, and it almost whitles through the tiny drippers. I think i'll leave it always on to reduce the start up noise. Other than that no complaints, Ill have to see after its planted and been up for a little though.

Heres a pics, if it helps, the blue is where the houses come out, and the green is sprinkler heads where I plumbed in a fogger: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ ... 689ca5.jpg

I can take pics of it finished and working if you want.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe I am wrong, but this system should produce big drips, which are not able to circulate in the tank and water all the plants. Also will be too big for frogs.
I made a misting system from various components (garden pump (higher pressure), air conditioning components and sprinklers for greenhouses) and it works pretty well. Frogs are loving it and going out for a shower.
Ori

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, Lars is a genius...

I think it all boils down to what nozzle/s you use... wrong nozzles will produce big drips.. rather inefficient to water plants etc...

Ori.. care to show us your misting system?

SB

G

·
I noticed that he gives certain heights that he has the tank, pump, etc.

Is this important in the functioning of the system?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts