Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took me so long to get these 2 out of a 20 gallon tank that was totally filled with plants. I got them 6 months ago and do not know what sex they are. I do see one of them on the other, but do not know if they are wrestling. The other frog trys to get away and sometimes submissive to the other. Appreciate your input!!

THIS LAST PIC IS FUZZY. THE FROG DID NOT WANT TO GET ON THE SIDE FOR A PICTURE

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O.K. then. So then imitator 1 is male which was so hard to get him out of the tank and when I was taking these pictures, he was jumping all over the place. The girl is the one (actually#2) that was just laying there and I had to get her to the side to photo shoot. I believe I have that straight. If not please let me know. Before I put them in there "new" 10 gallon tank, I want to definately know these are a pair. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Before I put them in there "new" 10 gallon tank, I want to definately know these are a pair. Thanks guys!!
You won't know definitely until you hear calling and see eggs. We've all made mistakes about sexing frogs that we had to sort out later. The only person who can properly sex a frog out 100 percent of the time, is not a person at all, but another frog looking for a mate!
That said, it is the longer more slender build of the left frog that says male. It is the pear shape of the other that says she's probably female.
Problem is, a skinny female can look male and a fat male can look female.
So it's all just an educated, or maybe I should say experienced, guess.

Reactions: frogface

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotcha. I see the "male" chasing and looks like she doesn't like it when he is on her. I understand what you are saying. I just can't figure out if they are a couple or not. This tank that I will house them in is much easier to get them out if need be. Thanks for your comments.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.