Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know where else to put this post so here it is. I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to computers. I have been trying to figure out how to do the whole avatar thing and I can't get it to work. Do I have to take certain pics to be used for this or can I modify pics I already have? I tried making a pic I have smaller by changing the properties and saving it, but it still saved it as a much bigger pic. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Shelley

G

·
snmreptiles said:
I didn't know where else to put this post so here it is. I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to computers... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Shelley
Hi Shelley,

If you would send me a copy of your pic I would be happy to re-size it for you and send it back to you. I use mostly jpegs but I am assuming that if the file size is correct that you can use a GIF as well.

What program are you using to re-size the pic? I use PSP 8, (although I also have PSP 7 and like it much better), which has a function specifically dedicated to this. All I have to do is make sure that the final size is 80 by 80 pixels or less and I set the DPI to 72. Odds are at that point that the file size is acceptable for the format here but, if it were not, I could then shrink the file size by optimizing the picture. I think in your case however if you have shrunk your photo to 80 x 80 pixels in dimension and the file size is too big still then you may have too much DPI in your file. Lower this to 72.

I too am not a computer expert as are so many people on this board, :lol: , so my explanation may not be as clear or simple as another one might be, but, it does prove that you can learn to do it if I can :wink:

As I said before if you want to send the pic to me I would be only too happy to do it for you, you can send it to Wildtymes @ comcast.net. Please note that the spaces need to be removed from the actual addy. They are there to help block spam.

Best to you,
Jan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts