Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Dr. Frye writing under my brother's identity. I am breaking the rules here! I think Joe will understand. I beg his forgiveness if not.

The shipment from Panama has been seized, and is sitting in Miami under the custody of Fish and Wildlife!

The importers and exporters (I am not one of these - I have no financial involvement) have the ability to give up custody of the Pumilio, and the Fish and Wildlife have the ability to release them into my custody.

Glen and his Partner may not be willing to do this due to them most likely losing their investment. I am asking if anyone would be willing to make donations however large or small to pay Glen his investment. If he recieves what he paid for the Pumilio, he very well might release them into my custody.

I know this is highly optimistic to assume anyone might be willing to invest money just to save these frog's lives, BUT I HAVE TO ASK! If we do not get these frogs away from fish and Wildlife, they will all die in their shipping containers in the next day or two.

Please let me know if you are interested. Please contact any animal rights organizations you are aware of. I have contacted 6 this morning and PITA is getting involved. Please call anyone you know that can help.

We need to try to save the life of these frogs!!!! They will most likely end up in the custody of Zoos. I will care for them as needed. Please help in any way you can. call congressmen/women. Call your local PITA agency. Call fish and wildlife. PLEASE HELP.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is it possible to get a recipt on my charitable donations to submit to the Federal Government for tax purposes?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Order

So when am I going to get the pumilio I ordered from Glenn Novotny? Is he going to cancel my order? Is this some kind of joke or FRAUD?

Someone please explain what's going on?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think that is a very reasonable request s-holden

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, just to be certain I understand. Please, please, please correct me if I am wrong. Glen will accept donations to cover his investment, or else the frogs get left in a warehouse & die? Huh?

If Glen releases his hold on them, and Fish & Wildlife turns them over to Dr. Fry… Then what’s to stop Dr. Fry from eventually returning them to Glen? Or to those that have prepaid for the frogs? Am I being naive here?

:?:

·
Registered
129 Posts
The pumilio have been refused entry to the United States by an agency of our government, The US Fish and Wildlife Service. This is apparently due to some paper work type technicality, making it temporarily illegal to import any thing from Panama along with seven other countries. This is a US rule, and has to do with CITES. (Convention on Trade in Endangered Species, I believe) It has nothing to do with Glenn, or anyone else in the animal end of this deal. The way Fish and Wildlife has been acting the last year or so, it would not surprise me if this is a deliberate attempt to block this shipment.
This ruling was released on Wednesday, so bad timing. The frogs, as best I can see it, will not be held anywhere, but returned to Panama. (On this I am not sure, but it is what is typically done in these cases.) This is unfortunate, as a percentage will doubless die due to the double shipping, but I doubt enough time will elapse to allow any intervention. I would be surprised if they are not in Panama by tomorrow morning.
It will most likely be some time before the importation is attempted again, but thats just my guess.
Patrick

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Or what's tom stop Dr. Frye form keeping thme and getting "free" frogs?"
My guess? Respect in a very small community. I don’t think that would be the risk. I would trust the government a lot less that any individual in this mess.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do not understand, but not because you spammed my board under your brother's handle. Glenn's customers and the rest of the community should not be Glenn's insurance policy. What is this, frog hostage? Glenn and his partner need to grow a set, take the hit, and not ask the customers who have already paid $125-$225 per frog to cover his losses. I think this is absolutely absurd, and he will have to live with the knowledge that his neglect killed 160 of the worlds most beautiful and rare animals.

·
Registered
153 Posts
My gosh!

Derek,

I can not believe you said this

"Or what's tom stop Dr. Frye form keeping thme and getting "free" frogs?"

What the hell is wrong with you people who are saying stupid things? What you are making me think, as someone who would sell frogs not be willing to let my animals go to certain people who are being so petty...should all watch the words flying from the keyboards because what you say can not be taken back.

Tammy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fraud Scam alert

I want my money back!!! I don't care about the frogs they are going to die anyways! My HARD EARNED money is more important than 160 doomed destined frogs! I knew from the beginning this shipment is too good to be true. Now I feel like a victim of mail fraud and scam here. I better get my money back or all hell is going to break lose! I'm going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, Atorney General, Consumer affairs, Postal Inspector, Federal Trade Commision and the law enforcement about this. If I'm not going to get the pumilio I paid for then NOBODY is going to get them too, not even Doc Fried or John Glenn! Way to go, send them ALL back TO PANAMA!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think everyone needs to calm down. The best thing to do right now is to look out for the welfare of the frogs and ATTEMPT to get them into the hands of people who can take care of them. I think Tracey and Patrick are trying to help. I called F&W and only got voicemail :cry: .

The reality is that these guys will either be shipped back or sent to someplace like the National Aquarium in Baltimore or The Atlanta Botanical Gardens. They will probably not be released for sale. Anyone remember the yellow and black frogs at the Aquarium (sorry can't think of their names right now). Weren't they from a ceased shipment?

I highly doubt anyone (Glen, Dr. Frye, or anyone else involved in this effort) would try to 'take' anyone for money. I think someone posted that this community is too small for that to happen. And it is. Give everyone some breathing room. Lets get the frogs taken care of. Call F&W and register a complaint! But do it for the welfare of the frogs. Forget the money..............

·
Registered
399 Posts
I think a lot of people are jumping the gun here! Accusing Dr. Frye of trying to get them for himself, or any other hidden agendas on anyones part at this time is just wrong. It's very sad that a good majority of those frogs are probably going to die if they are shipped back to Panama.

I am sure that Glen will be in touch with all of you that purchased some of these animals, give him a little time.

Don't start making threats and a big stink when you don't know all the details and you have not had any confirmation from Glen. I have been in a very similar situation years ago with a Terriblis shipment and i did loose almost $500.00 and never got my money back from the importer!!! It SUCKS!!!! But you live and learn.

But please do not make accusations that could cost people like Dr. Frye his reputation. It's a nice thought about getting a collection going and trying to save the frogs, but i agree with Patrick on this one, it's going to happen fast and there is not enough time.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You said "forget the money"??? I spent $1000 on these frogs. Yep that's right ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS with 3 zeros at the end, NOT $100!!! How am I going to forget the money??? I won't be able to sleep until I get my money back! If I don't get my money back, then I'm getting out of this hobby and flushing my entire dart frog collection down the toilet just like the $1000 I lost to John Glenn!

·
Registered
129 Posts
[I knew from the beginning this shipment is too good to be true. Now I feel like a victim of mail fraud and scam here. I better get my money back or all hell is going to break lose!]
I assume you saw all the folks posting that you should only invest what you could afford to lose? Thats the way it goes with importations. However I think you are wrong to just assume that you wont get your money back, I am sure Glenn will refund the money. Although.....I thought he wasnt taking any money up front?
And I think it is mighty callous to say that you dont care about the frogs, you shouldnt be keeping frogs with that attitude!

Patrick[/quote]

·
Registered
399 Posts
davejoyce-

You are obviously not in this for the frogs. Just by saying "If I don't get my money back, then I'm getting out of this hobby and flushing my entire dart frog collection down the toilet just like the $1000 I lost to John Glenn!" tells me all i need to know about you! I have been in the Dart Frogs hobby for over 8 years! This is not the place for you. I don't know how many times people have to say it but in the end the important thing is the frogs. May I also suggest in the future, ask around and get more info before giving someone $1000.00 for frogs.[/quote]

·
Registered
313 Posts
I love greed, if glen is willing to let the frogs die in a warehouse with the fish and game folks then i'm sure that will stick in everyones mind for a long time, and make them think long and hard about ever buying anything from him, or being involved in any deal he brokers...
i know he is a business man and wants to not lose his money, but is it really the hobby's responsibilty to make up for his loss?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts