Dendroboard banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am interested in finding out the sex of my two frogs, heres some pics. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Frog 1:

Frog 2:

Both Frogs:

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
They look pretty young but, based on their toepads, I would think they are two females.

Good luck with them, Richard.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
IMO they're to young to sex.

I'd wait until they're older and if you end up with two females trade for a male.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Is it me, or do they seem a bit thin? They're old enough to eat as much as they want without getting stressed, and assuming that you have a piece of fruit in the tank as a feeding station.

If you have a pair, you'll know it. The lil lady will get fat fat fat with eggs and she'll be following her feller around, stroking his back. If he has a place in mind, that's where they'll go for their honeymoon.

I have to agree with FrogFreak. They're still pretty young to sex.

IMO, get a little bit of meat on their bones and wait a few more months. Then, if you're still in doubt, download and play an azureus mating call and see if you get any reaction.

keep us posted ~

kristi

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
That's what I was thinking (too thin, especially the first one)...I'm surprised no one else has said it before Kristi. I would work on getting their weight up for a few months, then try sexing. It should be a little easier by about a year old.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it me, or do they seem a bit thin? They're old enough to eat as much as they want without getting stressed, and assuming that you have a piece of fruit in the tank as a feeding station.

If you have a pair, you'll know it. The lil lady will get fat fat fat with eggs and she'll be following her feller around, stroking his back. If he has a place in mind, that's where they'll go for their honeymoon.

I have to agree with FrogFreak. They're still pretty young to sex.

IMO, get a little bit of meat on their bones and wait a few more months. Then, if you're still in doubt, download and play an azureus mating call and see if you get any reaction.

keep us posted ~

kristi
I am working on fattening them up right now. I am feeding twice daily with d. hydei and supplements. The frogs seem to be plumping up nicely. I will post up pics in a week or two with progress pics. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what I was thinking (too thin, especially the first one)...I'm surprised no one else has said it before Kristi. I would work on getting their weight up for a few months, then try sexing. It should be a little easier by about a year old.
Thanks, will do.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
If you sprinkled in a few flys several times a day you would fatten them up very quickly. Sexing now would be a guess, it should be easier with nice thick frogs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update New pics of frog #2, anyone able to tell if he is a male or female yet, p.s. I have been feeding them like crazy, notice any difference in the belly department?

Will supply pictures of the other frog later on.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts