Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry about the pun, my dad made me! :rolleyes: I went downstairs today and peeked in and saw my female escudo transporting a tad! :D Dad said he saw that 4 had already been moved off the leaf. That makes this at least tad #5! :D Those of you with escudos, will they really take care of this many at once? We thought they only cared for small clutches. In either case, we're ready for them! Broms and film cans EVERYWHERE! :D Clay substrate, lots of leaf litter, 3 kinds of sprigtails, and 3 kinds of isopods. There's just one thing that's got me stumped, "I am so sorry he's making me do this!"

Attachments

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Seems like you are more than ready, mine have raised 3 at one time but not more even though they have transported more but who knows. They will raise tads in the smallest brom axils, sometimes a thimble full of water. You are ready with your springs, once they emerge add springs a couple of times per week and they should grow quickly with all the leaf litter you have. I would keep them in the tank for at least 2 months, at 3 months they will be half grown and you can safely sell or trade them.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
PM sent about the link for the stump.
Personally, I would not do Escudos long term, in a 10. I got mine from a guy who kept them in a 10 vert and they were extremely shy. I could go 2 weeks never seeing on. It wasn't until we got them into their 50 gallon slope front that they began to stretch their legs. The get all over the 2' x 2' x 2' viv. Personally, I wouldn't keep them in less than a 20.
Froglets will be the tiniest things you ever did see! This makes a clay substrate very helpful so the necessary microfauna can deliver some calcium.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Seems like you are more than ready, mine have raised 3 at one time but not more even though they have transported more but who knows. They will raise tads in the smallest brom axils, sometimes a thimble full of water. You are ready with your springs, once they emerge add springs a couple of times per week and they should grow quickly with all the leaf litter you have. I would keep them in the tank for at least 2 months, at 3 months they will be half grown and you can safely sell or trade them.
Thank you Mark, for your personal experience with these guys. Your advice is valued!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts