Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 24 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
I was lucky enough to go to Madagascar to study and, during my stay, observe a very similar species. Like said previously, they were most always found in a pandanus. Beautiful frogs. Such a shame to see so many frogs being collected out of Madagascar

· Registered
255 Posts
I strongly agree. Habitat destruction, be it illegal logging, clear cutting, tavy/slash and burn, is by far the biggest problem. I only spent time in the central east, going northmost to Andasibe, but the problem is everywhere

· Registered
255 Posts
I read that... terrible. I'm seeking to learn more about the Mitsinjo Andasibe breeding project. I very briefly met someone working on the project and she listed a few of the species... heterixalis, a few mantellids (M. madagascariensis and aurantiaca included), maybe mantidactylus, but I did not get to hear much detail. Have there been reintroduction attempts for M. aurantiaca? I guess the problem there would include finding suitable habitat that isn't on the fast path to destruction.

1 - 4 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.