Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ficus sagittata or oak leaf would look nice on the back, for larger stuff for them to climb on, Pellionia pulchra or repens ads nice color, maybe a jewel orchid, and maybe a nice fern or bushy peperomia sp.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Any plant that is tolerant of viv conditions, and you like. Really, some people go way overboard with planting, and some don't do enough. There is a balance you must find in order to allow sufficient cover, and aesthetics. For me, aesthetics come basically last in the planning of my vivs. I prefer to make enclosures that are functional above all else. That is why I use Pothos, in all my vivs. It is a cheap plant. It will spread where you want it, and is easily groomed to maintain the growth you like. Also, it is a sturdy plant. It will tolerate frogs climbing on it, and what not without draping/sagging. Believe me, I know I am subject to laughs with this, but I fully believe that this is the best plant for basic vivs containing larger(non bromeliad breeders) species.

JBear

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks alot, Been awhile since ive had frogs, about 10 years and i never fooled with many plants except for moss and pothos. I want to put a nice bromeliad in there as well.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Nothing wrong with pothos, and you can even get some more decorative varieties (variegated, 'gold', etc). Although 'easily groomed' might not be on the top of my list of descriptive terms for it. Always got out of control on me. Maybe if I trimmed it once a month it would be better.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I put strawberry begonia and Peperomia turboensis in my 20g auratus tank, and then didn't trim anything for a year.

I'm pretty sure they're in there somewhere. :)

Since they're a little reclusive, I figure this is a paradise for them. It's wall to wall plants.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Nothing wrong with pothos, and you can even get some more decorative varieties (variegated, 'gold', etc). Although 'easily groomed' might not be on the top of my list of descriptive terms for it. Always got out of control on me. Maybe if I trimmed it once a month it would be better.
I just got Pothos "Jade Satin" and really like it so far. Dark green, interesting shaped leaves, even sturdier than other pothos...took me awhile to get my hands on it, but well worth the wait. If you can find it, give it a try!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts