Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since I just did a post to see if the backround was okay due to the silicone showing through. I would like to know some good plants to completely cover this backround. since im not good with what type of plants. a list will be very helpful

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Some plants that will consume that background are creeping fig, wandering jew and fast growers along those lines. Most people will tell you however to not use such plants unless you want to trim them monthly. I would use some slower growing plants which in the long run would look better like hoyas and dischidias. They are more expensive and take some time to grow in but you wont have to cut them like grass either. After yo get some growing under your belt you can get some nicer plants like mini orchids and trailing plants like marcgravia. Oh and you need to turn the bromeliad around on the bottom right corner.
Jason

·
Banned
503 Posts
Wandering jew, puilea, ficus pumila, pothos, philidendren, or just about any other vine plant.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some plants that will consume that background are creeping fig, wandering jew and fast growers along those lines. Most people will tell you however to not use such plants unless you want to trim them monthly. I would use some slower growing plants which in the long run would look better like hoyas and dischidias. They are more expensive and take some time to grow in but you wont have to cut them like grass either. After yo get some growing under your belt you can get some nicer plants like mini orchids and trailing plants like marcgravia. Oh and you need to turn the bromeliad around on the bottom right corner.
Jason
what places do you get your plants and i know the bromeliad stem broke.
also how do yo attach these plants

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
With the ones johnyrocks mentioned you really dont need to mount them. You can just plant a little in the ground by the background and it will take off. You could use floral wire or toothpicks and attach the plants that way. Try to stay away from the broader leaf vines like pothos. They will go crazy and can pull and pop off backgrounds and are much harder to trim once they get establised.
You can get most of these plants from the sponsors here on dendroboard. They areall pretty asy to come by and you wont have trouble finding them.
Jason

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jason truly apprecaite you helping me. this does alot for me . cant wait to order plants

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts