Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished construction on my 29 gallon tank. It has a small stream. Earlier today, I order some plants from Josh's Frogs, Anyway, I here by submit some pictures of my tank for further plant advice and criticisms.

I spread some java moss in the stream area. But, Im really not sure what else I can put directly on the wood.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Riccia does very in well in wet areas. Some aquatic plants can be OK as well - I have had success with Java fern (Microsorum pteropus) growing out of water.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the ideas.

Ill try and pick up some riccia at the pet shop today. I googled the cryptos and it says theyre a bit more difficult and require lower lighting so I think Ill stay away from them for now.

·
Registered
725 Posts
cryptocorynes are very easy to grow emmersed. At fisrt all the leaves will melt off, but they will soon rebound with new air leaves. ive done it a few times without much effort at all, and although they can grow in low light, they do just fine in higher light. Any reputable aquarium store will have some of the more common species like c. wendtii for a few bucks. Anubias are probably the most common aquariums plants grown emmersed and have the ability to attach themselves to wood and rocks. i have one in my 20 gallon. good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts