Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a fireball that has 6 fully grown pups on it with 4 more new pups just starting to form. This is all from the mother plant. Right now its planted in dirt and want to get rid of the dirt. Can I plant the mother plant in a pot of sand? Also is it cool to plant the pups in just foam to grow them out?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
You can plant the mother in sand but it will probably rot. You're better off mounting it or planting it in a bark and charcoal mix. Yes you can stick the pup stolons into foam however they will probably root into it making it difficult to remove without damaging the plant.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
If you are just doing this for grow out, wouldn't they tend to grow faster is left attached to the mother plant?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
If you are just doing this for grow out, wouldn't they tend to grow faster is left attached to the mother plant?
x2...

Just throw it into a big pot with some hydroton/ cork mix and watch it grow. All of mine are potted and outside loving the spring weather here in VA.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
To a certain point, yes. When they reach near full size, it'd be better to cut them off. That way the mother can grow more and they themselves can produce pups of their own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts