Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current set up wondering where to plant the below plants and any changes to the cork bark hard scape as it’s in place but not permenantly fixed.

Maranta fascinator
Adiantum hispidulum
Monsters monkey mask
Ficus pumila

also any tips if with my current set up where you think I’m going wrong
Auratus green and black is what will be going into this
Plant Terrestrial plant Organism Pet supply Wood

· Registered
548 Posts
I don’t keep frogs and can’t really comment on how to make this viv better suit their needs, but I think it looks cool!

Maybe put that moss up on your second level and then cover the floor with more leaf litter? The moss will get more light that way. Your frogs should like the added leaf litter. I’m my opinion, it’ll also look more natural too

Note: That much F. Pumila will quickly over take your viv. Personally, I’d go with marcgravia rectiflora instead.

· Administrator
4,841 Posts
Hello.

I would turn the cork bark that's on the left hand side facing the front to be instead facing into the tank. It will give the frogs a nice kind of sight barrier to you (while still allowing you to see beyond it).

I would remove the moss from on top of the substrate and replace with thick layers of leaf litter. The frogs will use the leaf litter far more than bunches of moss.

What's the hose at the back right for?

(I know I didn't answer your question on where to plant the plants, most of my tanks aren't heavily planted, I like to give as much movement space for the frogs as I possibly can)

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello.

I would turn the cork bark that's on the left hand side facing the front to be instead facing into the tank. It will give the frogs a nice kind of sight barrier to you (while still allowing you to see beyond it).

I would remove the moss from on top of the substrate and replace with thick layers of leaf litter. The frogs will use the leaf litter far more than bunches of moss.

(I know I didn't answer your question on where to plant the plants, most of my tanks aren't heavily planted, I like to give as much movement space for the frogs as I possibly can)
Hello.

Yeah moss is getting moved adding more leaf litter , hose at the back is just a temp and hygro probe. Thanks I’ll give the cork bark an adjustment any tips on where to place the plants I listed that are due to arrive ?

· Registered
548 Posts
any tips on where to place the plants I listed that are due to arrive ?
I suggest reading up on these plants to determine their specific needs, maximum height at maturity, growth patterns, and niches(terrestrial, epiphyte, aquatic, etc).

Mind map on how you would find them visually appealing and maximizing their functionality. You can also search them in our “search” function to see how others have used them.

Throw it all together and post pics to see what others think.

As far as I’m concerned, that’s all the fun of making plant selections. 😁

Enjoy

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You’ll have to read up on these plants to determine their specific needs, maximum height at maturity, growth patterns, niches(terrestrial, epiphyte, aquatic, etc) and how you find them visually appealing. Study up! Search them in our “search” function to see how others have used them.

As far as I’m concerned, that’s all the fun of making plant selections. 😁

Enjoy
Appreciate it thanks for you help

· Registered
31 Posts
Super cool tank! I think you're right on the money with the new plants, have some vining plants on the sides and wait for them to grow in. Personally I would highly recommend adding a Begonia Thelmae, they are a low maintenance easy growing begonia, that vine upwards! They also bloom frequently and are just generally stunning. happy growning!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts