Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this plant here it is an arrowhead plant. I took it out of my green tree frog tank and I have washed it in a 10% bleach water solution.

it is really too big to be place as is whole in one part of my 10g vert viv and I'm curious if I could just split it and plant it and it will grow. one side has most of the roots tho but the other has some small ones and what looks like roots about to come out.
there was a 3rd piece but i already pulled it off and planted it in the viv.

I need some input asap since it is just laying around wrapped in a wet paper towel and I want to get it planted asap.

thanks and here is some pics...

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
15 views and not a single hit....come on guys :/

the plant is just sitting there on the counter wrapped in paper towel...I need to get it in the viv...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I dont have experience with this particular plant but I'm sure that you could split it. It would help if you soak the base in a superthrive solution and then plant it in a humid environment....should root quickly....

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have experience with this particular plant but I'm sure that you could split it. It would help if you soak the base in a superthrive solution and then plant it in a humid environment....should root quickly....

Hope this helps!
superthrive isn't cheap but my dad might have some around..
what would be a good mixture ratio?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope he aint got none...so I gues I'm gonna wing it and split it and plant it.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Reactions: frogface

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Why would you want to put fertilizer in there when there are safer options?Willow is a type of tree...a very common tree. Look around ponds or creeks and you should be able to find black willow or weeping willow.
Or you can just stick them in the substrate, viv plants usually root pretty well if conditions are right.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why would you want to put fertilizer in there when there are safer options?Willow is a type of tree...a very common tree. Look around ponds or creeks and you should be able to find black willow or weeping willow.
Or you can just stick them in the substrate, viv plants usually root pretty well if conditions are right.

I will try to find some. there are plenty up north but i haven't seen many in my area...
so I just take some willow tree pieces and strip the back and put them in the substrate? dry or freshly cut from the tree?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think people make a willow tea and concentrate it. I think it's the humic acids you want, not 100% though, or what the best way to do it is. I think boiling would be fastest but may denature some of the good stuff you get out of it.

Here's a link to a recent thread on the topic of willow/coconut milk http://goo.gl/JBf9t

1 - 12 of 12 Posts