Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my order list, I would like you guys to tell me what you think since I'm a "black thumb" hah ;p
BROMS Qty $
Neoregelia 'Charm' 3 10
Neoregelia 'Fireball' 1 14
Neoregelia 'Fireball' hybrid 1 10
Neoregelia olens (hybrid) 3 10
Neoregelia 'Popoki' 1 15
Neoregelia tigrina 1 12

MOSS
Riccians fluitans 1 ?
Marimo moss ball 1 19
Sphagnum cristatum ½ 12

AIR
Tillandsia funkiana 1 6
Tillandsia x victoria 1 6
Tillandsia ionantha 1 4

PLANTS
Fittonia verschaffeltii 1 4
Nematanthus gregarius 1 4
Ficus pumila 'Quercifolia' 1 4

CARN
Utricularia sandersonii 1 6

for a total of 164$ without the riccia

I would like to try it out with some orchids but they're expensive and from what I hear, most of them are fragile et not all that suited for vivarium, specially under my care. Is there 1 specie you would suggest me still?

tx in advance

·
Registered
725 Posts
$19 for a moss ball??? thats incredibly overpriced!! I can get them for less than three dollars at the local pet store. Plus technically its just a ball of algae that will only grow underwater with high light and nutrients.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5 balls for 19$ ;)
I thought these were good for filtrating stuffs in the ponds area.. I make water features in every of my vivariums so
they sell for around 6$ ea if I remember well... so I thought 19$ was a good deal
I also like the look of them
so , yay or nay?

tx for your opinions, i really like the charm and olens broms! they have a sale 10$ ea!

·
Registered
725 Posts
ooooh 5 for $19 isn't as terrible. Anyways, they're literally just a naturally forming ball of cladophora algae that gets its shape from rolling around in river currents. They don't grow to fast so they aren't as effective at filtering water areas as a faster growing plant like hornwort (ceratophyllum demersum)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i still like the look of the moss balls.. i think 5 for 19$ is fine
i will also have to look into potent aquatic plants someday

i think my lighting is fine because i already got some green bromeliad and when i put it in my viv, it literrally turned red and stayed that way ever since:)

thanks for the input

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.