Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I moved a few plants around & noticed this while doing so.

There is a little sprout growing inside my bromeliad.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I get those quite a bit too, they usually grow a bit, then just die.... but one of them has actually grown quite big... as in bigger then a neo chiquita linda! So weird I pulled it out of the broms axil and onto the clay background and it has rooted and keeps growing... weird but cool!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I've had that plant pop up in my tanks a couple of times. It grows for a bit and then dies. Never had one sprout in one of my plants though. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have seen them pop up in my tank, but do not know what they actually are?

·
Registered
393 Posts
A lot of plants look identical when they put out their first leaves while sprouting. It is pretty much impossible in my experience to identify a plant at that stage of growth.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
A lot of plants look identical when they put out their first leaves while sprouting. It is pretty much impossible in my experience to identify a plant at that stage of growth.
Yes... it's impossible to identify them at this stage. Those two small leaves have a name, but I forget it... but basically all plants look like that when they first sprout.

And to the OP, I get those in my tanks all then time, and most just die off. Some are doing well but are growing quite slowly. I believe they aren't ferns, because there is no gametophyte present. Good thing I'm taking AP Bio :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.