Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
possibly selaginella moellendorfii

Does great as a terrestrial, likes humidity. Don't plant it in a really soggy area, it likes moisture but good drainage. you can also just place cuttings directly on top of a substrate.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Selaginella martensii 'Jori' . Or just Sel. martensii. That is my guess and I'm sticking to it.

Didn't use to see them often. I was able to score a whole flat last time I ordered ferns, so perhaps they are coming into circulation. Until then, I had two or three little ones that I could never propagate fast enough to bother selling them. As it is, I haven't ever listed them on the website... Oh well.

Rob

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK perfect, thanks for responses. If i place cuttings directly on the substrate will it grow upwards or creep horizontally kind of like a moss? I'm thinking if it grows up it would look nice in the corner creeping up the background.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
My local nursery, in the middle of manhattan, had these. They were selling them as winter plants with the pointsettas and Ivys. I told them that they should be inside since its 30 degrees out here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts