Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The flowers on it dont look peperomia to me, but I could be wrong. I was almost thinking some sort of minature african violet.

Maybe a better pic of those white looking flowers on it, or a close up of a few of the leaves.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
it looks like a gesneriad. Maybe a trailing violet? PM Groundhog. Hes in a gesneriad club here in nyc.

Great planting BTW. Where did you get that photo? any more??

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
From the Google translation of that page to English, it seems like they are talking about miniature african violets... of which if you find a collector of them, there are TONS of them available now with all different size leaves, color flowers, etc.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Definately looks like some sort of miniature African Violet to me. Someone gave me one about the size of a quarter awhile back....thought it was a peperomia until it bloomed.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I get some AWESOME seeds from Nadeau Violets on Ebay. Search for miniature violet seeds and it will pop up. When I set up a viv, i sprinkle the seeds randomly around. Awesome to see when they grow. I have gotten some amazing hybrids from them.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I get some AWESOME seeds from Nadeau Violets on Ebay. Search for miniature violet seeds and it will pop up. When I set up a viv, i sprinkle the seeds randomly around. Awesome to see when they grow. I have gotten some amazing hybrids from them.
Thanks for the heads up on them. I just ordered 3 packs of seeds from them off their website. When you sow yours in the tanks, where do you sprinkle them? It seems like they wouldn't want to be on top of the leaf litter, but not under it either. I'm not a noob, I work in propagation at a nursery and I grow things from seeds in pots, but I haven't sown them in a terrarium before.

Zac

1 - 13 of 13 Posts