Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched on the board and on the web long and hard for the name of this plant but I can't figure it out so I'm asking for help, I first aquired it about a year ago, I cannot for the life of me remember where though. It grows quite tall, likes to grow up 'walls' and the leaves remind me a bit of a columnea species, any ideas?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
To me, it looks like an Aeschynanthus species... looks very similar to all of my young rooted cuttings of it. (Also known as the Lipstick Plant.)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! wow I never paid any attention to the lip stick plants, but now that I looked them up I think your right, but now I wonder what kind of Aeschynanthus it is...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! But I'm not 100% sure from pics that I've seen. I also went to look at a lipstick plant today at a local nursery and I saw some differences, I also came across another genus called Marcgrevia, any ideas? If I don't find anything I am most likely gonna take your guys word for it and call it a Aeschynanthus. Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Based on the nodes, it's probably a Codonanthe or possibly a Nematanthus. The only sure way to ID is to wait for flowers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts