Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won this plant at an auction about 2 years ago and don't remember what it is,

also, does anyone know if I can put a clipping of it in a viv as long as I cut it back?
Also, the blue thing in the middle is an aquaglobe(it releases water as the soil dries)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Looks like a peace lily to me. If it is you would have to separate it rather than trying to take a cutting. It would do great in a vivarium as they can grow semi-aquatic and love water. On the other hand it would get HUGE in a vivarium, I wouldn't put it in anything less than like 24" tall.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Looks like a peace lily to me. If it is you would have to separate it rather than trying to take a cutting. It would do great in a vivarium as they can grow semi-aquatic and love water. On the other hand it would get HUGE in a vivarium, I wouldn't put it in anything less than like 24" tall.
I'm not sure what type of plant that it is. I would agree with frogzilla though in that it looks like the type of plant that would need to be separated rather than take a cutting.

·
Registered
189 Posts
It could be Spathiphyllum as mentioned, but we'll have to wait for the spathe to see. Has it ever bloomed for you, or grew an inflorescence? The stripes and markings are a little strange for most of the Peace lilies I've seen.

I agree with Antone, it looks like an Aglaonema to me, mostly because of the markings. Is that shape called lanceolate? Anyways I guess it could be Dieffenbachia too (albeit a really weird coloration scheme). It looks like it might even be a Maranta, Calathea, or Ctenanthe. I've had a Marantaceae plant that looked sorta like that.

Do you have any pics of the bloom? Or more pics?

Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts