Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I was tearing down my tank to clean it well and I noticed this plant is rooting down into the gravel that I have in the back and I'm wondering if I can seperate the two stalks...
Can they be seperated and how do I go about it.
Should I just clip off that one stalk that has died off a bit on the left in the 3rd pic? Or can it still produce?
I'm not even sure what type of plant this is. I got it at Petco.

I'm thinking I could cut off each stalk and then plant them seperately...they all have roots and it will give me 3 plants.....am I right with this assumption?

Thanks a lot for all the help :)

-Brandon

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please help me soon so I can get these seperated before I put the tank back together....thank you very much

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's an Aglaonema, and yes, you can cut them apart - I would use a sharp knife, of pruning shears - Try to get each piece with some root, if you can. (If not, they will still root anyway.) Super easy.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That's an Aglaonema, and yes, you can cut them apart - I would use a sharp knife, of pruning shears - Try to get each piece with some root, if you can. (If not, they will still root anyway.) Super easy.
Yeah each stalk has a root.
That knub one broke off....the one in the that doesn't have any leaves and I planted it. It use to have some branches. Is there a chance it will grow anymore?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah ok.
Those nubs have been there for a bit tho lol

Thanks for all the help :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts