Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some plants that I want to hold out on for a new tank build and want to grow them out. What do you guys use or recommend for doing so. Bin size, substrate, lighting, etc thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
My growout bin is a 20 Long aquarium. The substrate is an inch of LECA for drainage, then 5" of my own ABG-ish mix. For lighting, I cheated. I have a grow tent for my Theobroma Cacao trees, and I stuck the tank in there. So plenty of light, tropical temperatures, and humidity.

Before that, I was using 3 of those 20w LED floodlights you can buy on amazon.

·
Super Moderator
3,090 Posts
I use the translucent bins with a foam gasket that they sell at Target. I set them up just like a viv, with a false bottom made of egg crate. For lighting, I cheat, too, I just put them in a south-facing window. They can also double as grow-out tanks for froglets or temporary enclosures for other frogs, though I don't keep the ones with animals in the window - too hot.

Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use the translucent bins with a foam gasket that they sell at Target. I set them up just like a viv, with a false bottom made of egg crate. For lighting, I cheat, too, I just put them in a south-facing window. They can also double as grow-out tanks for froglets or temporary enclosures for other frogs, though I don't keep the ones with animals in the window - too hot.

Mark
Trying to picture what these bins are, but something similar was the route I was thinking of taking for this

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts