Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if they see any felonies here with reagrd to placement please ? Yes, I have that new tank smell.

Neo Rubras are up top. Those are Zoes in the center. Taller brom off to the right is Midget. Til Victorias above the Zoes.

A number of plants that I ordered have no tags so I am in the process of hunting them down and ID.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to try and help.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you James. I'll leave thewm out and find a home for them.

I was also told to pull the Neo Midget on the right and get it out of the substate.

Does anyone see any other issues ?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Bring the Neoregelia 'Zoe' and Neoregelia 'Midget' (Which looks quite big BTW) up higher, they are gonna hate you if you keep them down that far from the light.
You may want to bring the ferns down a bit. They may not like that direct light.
In my opinion your first photo is a well planted tank. no need to add the rest of the plants. Find yourself an extra tank and hold onto them for the next time :D

Very nice start!!!

Todd

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Bring the Neoregelia 'Zoe' and Neoregelia 'Midget' (Which looks quite big BTW) up higher, they are gonna hate you if you keep them down that far from the light.
You may want to bring the ferns down a bit. They may not like that direct light.
In my opinion your first photo is a well planted tank. no need to add the rest of the plants. Find yourself an extra tank and hold onto them for the next time :D

Very nice start!!!

Todd
Thank you, Todd. I have gotten a lot of help here. Can't imagine undertaking something like this without everyone's assistance.

Zoe's up, Midget up, Ferns down. I'm on it like hair on a gorilla as soon as I get home.

I took all of the others and placed them in my 2nd Exo which is unfinished and set up on regular light cycle. I'll jack the Broms up in it as well.

And I agree. The Midgets seem to have some long legs !

·
Registered
446 Posts
The Midgets seem to have some long legs !
That is "Vertically Challenged" to you :) Lol j/k

Agree with everyone else, tank looks great. Cant wait to see the 2nd tank.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone, here are the adjustments I made. Saved a few spots for creepers. Also save the spot off to the left for the (cue racy 70's music wah wah pedal) Love Shack ! And added oak leaves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts