Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a GS/Drylok/etc tree in the corner of the 20H vert I'm working on. I already have bark flats on the side. I'm trying to decide what the do the background with. I'm not sure if I want to do a GS/cocofiber background and don't want to buy more bark. Don't want to do something that will take forever (concrete). Would a couple layers of brown/black silicone straight on the glass (no GS) then covered in cocofibers etc like normal look stupid?

[sorry if this is a repetitive question... searching 'silicone' and 'background' is waaaaaaaay too vague for what I'm wondering]

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have plenty of plants it might look ok, but if you don't, or while they're growing in it might look odd and unnatural to have a perfectly flat wall IMO.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point... maybe i'll just try to do a really thin gs application...

·
Registered
169 Posts
so what did you end up doing? pics? i have a similar wall im deciding on in one of the two vivs im building right now. i dont feel like putting more GS on there cause I think it will come out too far... I was also thinking about a think layer. its on the right side of a 20 H. another thought was a cork flat cut to shape.

·
Registered
165 Posts
A thin layer of GS with a little carving will do it!

Rani

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
flat BGs arent necessarily bad. tree fern panels are flat, and some of the best looking tanks use them.

james

1 - 6 of 6 Posts