Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im tring to get my girlfriend into dart frogs and so far she hasnt been interested. Talking to her she would really like a pink or pink and black dart frog. Is there a such thing?

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Sounds like the elusive Pinktorius Floydicus. ;) That may be a tall order to fill. The closest thing to pink may be some of the Epipedobates tricolor, maybe the Zarayunga Morph This link is simply for a picture and is not feedback either way, for the website/seller. Herpetologic.net

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just as Pumilio had said, the Pinktorious Floydicus is a mesmerizing, hypnotic, and trippy kind of amphibian.

I believe it is a new species to the hobby. Recently discovered on the dark side of the moon ;)

-Troy

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Just as Pumilio had said, the Pinktorious Floydicus is a mesmerizing, hypnotic, and trippy kind of amphibian.

I believe it is a new species to the hobby. Recently discovered on the dark side of the moon ;)

-Troy
Wait...Which one's Pink?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've seen a lot of pictures of pinkish Dolphin Bay/Punta Clara pumilio, however I've only seen them available on European sites...

·
Registered
93 Posts

-Troy
I see them all the time. NOT going to say HOW I see them, but I do. Even snapped a pic of one last night. They come out on special occasions and are often only seen by one individual at a time.

D. Pinktorius Floydicus

For the record I think it's only a morph and not it's own species, but what do I know. LOL.

- ryan

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
I see them all the time. NOT going to say HOW I see them, but I do. Even snapped a pic of one last night. They come out on special occasions and are often only seen by one individual at a time.

D. Pinktorius Floydicus

For the record I think it's only a morph and not it's own species, but what do I know. LOL.

- ryan
Swweeeet! I'll take a group of those!

Is that real? I type in name on google, get nothing
Seriously? It's a joke! Pink Floyd man! Only one of the greatest bands of all time! Dark side of the moon? Comfortably Numb? The Wall?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Swweeeet! I'll take a group of those!
At risk of starting a firestorm - this is the benefits of NOT keeping the lines pure. Not that one SHOULD but one COULD (theoretically).

Seriously? It's a joke! Pink Floyd man! Only one of the greatest bands of all time! Dark side of the moon? Comfortably Numb? The Wall?
and... Piper at the Gates of Dawn (Sid rocked). Wish you were here... Delicate Sound of Thunder - many many others.

Spoil sport - could have had some fun with this..... LOL ;)

- ryan

·
Registered
93 Posts
Found another one. Even more rare - some people do identify this as a Pinktorius Floydicus - but there is confusion in the field. Since this represents a broader base - this name seems a bit more relevant.

- ryan

·
Registered
558 Posts
You guys are funny :) I have a Rain forest book that has a picture of a Harlequin frog that has a bright pink belly. :p not my taste, I'm a Leuc or Tinc kind of women. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Found another one. Even more rare - some people do identify this as a Pinktorius Floydicus - but there is confusion in the field. Since this represents a broader base - this name seems a bit more relevant.

- ryan
Isn't that the Acid phase morph? I think that one is a line bred morph originated by Sid Barret. I've heard that the supplement required to keep the colors are hard to come by and highly illegal.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Isn't that the Acid phase morph? I think that one is a line bred morph originated by Sid Barret. I've heard that the supplement required to keep the colors are hard to come by and highly illegal.
Isn't the supplement used for that colour called psilocybin?

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
You guys are funny :) I have a Rain forest book that has a picture of a Harlequin frog that has a bright pink belly. :p not my taste, I'm a Leuc or Tinc kind of women. lol
atelopus flavescens has a pink belly. not that you could get one if you wanted.

i found this listed as flavescens but i think it may e a type of spumarius

·
Registered
558 Posts
atelopus flavescens has a pink belly. not that you could get one if you wanted.

i found this listed as flavescens but i think it may e a type of spumarius

yep, I have that pix too. ;) Not that I would want one, pink = Blah :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts